Blue State of Mind
April 20, 2024, 01:40:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome to Blue State of Mind

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A Community for Discussing Politics and News

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Mushroom Chicken Casserole

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mushroom Chicken Casserole  (Read 1085 times)
Ivy-Willow
Friend

« on: August 13, 2007, 09:16:47 am »

Now that we have such a large kitchen I can enjoy cooking.  This is the first recipe I didn't destroy.  I made it for Kaly in college and it's been his favorite ever since.  I made it again last night and it definitely is a comfort food.  It is similar to my dad's Chops and Rice recipe.

1 cup white rice (I prefer Jasmine)
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup (low sodium can be used)
1 soup can of water
4 chicken breasts, trimmed

In a large, greased casserole or baking dish pour 1 cup of white rice and spread it evenly.  Add the water and soup and stir with a large spoon until all are mixed together.  Lay the four breasts on top and press gently into the rice.  Breasts do not have to be fully submerged.  Cover with a lid or tin foil and cook at 350 degrees for one hour or until rice has absorbed the soup mix. 

Carrots and/or onion soup mix can be added after the rice for additional color and flavoring.  I prefer to have green beans on the side for the sake of presentation.  I recommend this recipe with a large glass of ice tea and some Ben and Jerry's Willie Nelson Peach Cobbler ice cream for desert.
Report Spam   Logged

Speak on what you know. Inquire about that which you don't.  Always listen to others and be prepared to change your opinions over time.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Artemis
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:36:46 pm »

Yum, yum!  I will try this!
Report Spam   Logged

adeli
Friend

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 11:44:11 am »

This sounds like Chicken Junk.  Chicken Junk uses stuffing mix instead of rice.  Delicious!
Report Spam   Logged
cena2020

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 04:16:54 am »

As they came in the door, Mary was just completing preparation for supper. The table was made more attractive by a red figured table cloth instead of the brown and white oil cloth one. In the center was a pot of delicate ferns. The regular fare of corn bread, hog meat, corn field beans, potatoes, sorghum and coffee, had [Pg 14]been supplemented by some nicely browned chicken, a roll of butter, biscuits and a dish of yellow apples and red plums.

As they came to supper, a gentle rain began falling which continued long into the night.

Cornwall, standing by his chair and noticing again that places were prepared for the men only, said; "Mrs. Saylor, the rain makes it so cozy and home-like, you, Miss Mary and Susie fix places and eat with us; I am sure we will all have a better time."

Saylor stopped eating long enough to add;—"Do, it will seem like a Christmas dinner in the summertime."

While Caleb remarked;—"He's coming along right peart."

Mary, with a laugh and blush and an appreciative smile at Mr. Cornwall, added a place for her mother and Susie, while she served the supper.

Cornwall, who had paid little attention to the girl, furtively watching her, was impressed by her competence and winsomeness. She was a healthy sun-browned brunette of eighteen; had attended the Pineville graded school for three years and the summer before passed the examination and qualified as a teacher. She had been given the school at the forks of the creek and was paid a salary of thirty-five dollars a month, most of which went to pay her father's taxes and for books.

New Friend

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 02:08:24 am »

Thanks for the great Mushroom Chicken Casserole recipe..

Massage Jupiter
Report Spam   Logged
prestonduncan
New Friend

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 04:26:51 am »

mushroom is my favorite .....

Cheap Vimax

Report Spam   Logged
prestonduncan
New Friend

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 03:56:18 am »

I love Mushroom Chicken Casserole...